First Methodist Waco spreads the name of Jesus across Waco and across the world through our extensive mission outreach. First Methodist Waco has strong, long-standing relationships in Peru, Costa Rica, Rwanda, and in Waco.
To get a sampling of our mission work:
- each week several hundred First Methodist Waco volunteers serve as reading buddies and mentors to Waco ISD children,
- volunteers prepare and deliver Meals on Wheels to 50 local homebound residents,
- we share Christ through Kairos prison ministry in Waco and surrounding areas,
- we serve in community ministries including Mission Waco, Compassion Ministries, and Habitat for Humanity
- we host an annual event to pack 200,000 meals that are distributed to starving children in America and across the world
- and much more.
First Methodist deploys multiple missions each year to Peru where our church has built a school, church and medical clinic. In 2018, First Methodist Waco funded the building of a new church and school in Rwanda, and our church maintains a strong relationship with the people of Rwanda. First Methodist Waco sends medical missions to Costa Rica and provides desperately needed health care to mothers and children. When disaster strikes, First Methodist Waco responds. When our brothers and sisters in the Houston and Port Arthur areas were devastated by the hurricanes, First Methodist Waco staff and volunteers assembled thousands of flood buckets and traveled to help rebuild those cities and sent several work teams to the area to aid in rebuilding.
Whether you are a seasoned in the mission field or a first – timer, we would love for you to join us in our efforts to spread the word of Jesus in Waco and across the world. For more information, please contact Victoria Gebert.